Wednesday, February 12, 2020

My work as a whole

I feel like I am moving along nicely. Every time I make a new piece I am extremely excited to see the result and to add it onto the wall of prints I have. The prints are all similar in a way but have multiple varying factors.

Photos from hanging my work in the seminar room Tuesday:













Notes/feedback/ideas:

  • Think about the book not being just prints and text
  • Period soiled underwear? - could be incorporated as photos in the book
  • Consider a large hanging piece
  • Try to be less careful with making the prints 
  • Play with colored thread on layered embroidery prints
  • Do the prints in frames need the glass?
  • Show - frames vs no frames/freedom of arrangement
  • How can this process grow?
  • How can more design come into play?


1 comment:

  1. How can this process grow?
    bring it back into a context (seems to have left context behind).
    specifically, self knowledge as a source of agency.

    formal investigation fine, and should continue.
    but renew focus on purpose, intentionality — these are what "design" is about.

    ReplyDelete