Monday, February 3, 2020

essplorin































One word that has been on my mind is the word erosion, I really want to explore the meaning and connotation of the word. Erosion in terms of my project is important because of how it can be compared to the human mind and psyche. I wasn't sure what to do with this new information yet again so I went to the beach to find rocks that had been significantly eroded because I picture a rock as though it is someone's mind, it is incredibly dense and seems like it is unable to be stripped down to a core and explained. However, there seems to be this larger force that can decide what it wants to reveal or hide and we don't have much of a choice as to when. I took these photos for inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. face, body, skin as surface of a(n imaginary) topographic map... islands and other features, some of them psychological... unconnected memories, thoughts, emotions...

    the Carte de tendre that illustrated Madeleine de Scudéry's novel Clélie (1654-61) comes to mind... but also like the style of topographic maps, also nautical charts, showing elevations, heights, depths...
    even imaginary islands!

    ReplyDelete