Sunday, February 9, 2020

concept art/color drawings

I worked on some more concept art, using the ideas I heard in class last week. I tried to make the scene with the penguin kind of dreamy, like there are so many eggs but somehow it's just looking at the one straight ahead. The penguins swimming picture I wanted to capture their beauty when they swim, and it almost seems like they're flying. I wanted to do a close up of a wolf, but I didn't know how to make it seem thought-provoking... maybe the wolf is going toward you and into you, somehow?











1 comment:

  1. your more abstract drawings (e.g., the second of the three above) are the strongest.
    less about what something looks like, more about what it might feel like, to be that animal.
    (yes, a kind of anthropomorphizing...)
    the mathematics of the animals's movement, its physics

    already too many nice pictures of animals in the world; those of your drawings, that feel more analytical, abstract — are interesting. probably work best in relation to some language (on facing page? elsewhere?)...
    but what language...

    ReplyDelete