Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Working on wall piece











Im still trying to figure out how I'm going to put text on my wall piece, to go along with the 3 books. 
With this experiment, I tried to but the image in the type, with an opacity layer over it. I think this way it makes the text stand out with out taking away the whole image or hid the text. This would just be one of the 6 wall pieces. There is just one whole poem without this one wall piece. However wondering if people will read it as one whole thing or just pieces and be confused. I also left some pages black to give a brake. 

I like this idea but I'm still obviously struggling with it. Im currently struggling with making them all the same size because I really like the big bold text but also the small text is also nice. I might change the font (because its impact and thats kinda ebb) but it will defiantly still be a bold font. 

For the wall piece I want 6 accordion folds stack on top of each other on the wall. I want them to offset with each other so you have more of that 3d effect. I do think I want still want to put the vinyl behind it from the floor to the wall with the abstract type from earlier in the semester. 

1 comment: