Sunday, March 22, 2020

Poetry Book

This is a poetry book based off the theme abandon houses that I've been working on over brake.

Size: Width: 4.5in
         Height: 6in
        (Pocket Size)
60 Pages, black and white 

I really wanted to do more with my poetry aspect of my work and give it a light. These are just a couple spreads including the page spreads, cover, back cover, title page and page of contents. A couple spreads being just images to give you a little pause on the poetry. 

I would enjoy feed back friends! :)
















7 comments:

  1. have you printed this out yet, assembled a dummy copy, and held it in your hands?
    why did you choose pocket size?
    I have nothing against pocket size, but wonder if it is right for this particular book.
    the amount of texture-al detail in the images, inclines me to think that larger would be better.

    look at some books (i.e., in seminar room library)... in glass-doored bookcase. think about size.

    also, your title An Abandon Home
    do you mean An Abandoned Home ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have printed it out and made a dummy copy. While the book is a little thick its not to bad and I really like the feeling of the smallness, however maybe make the book a tiny bit bigger. And yes that is a spelling mistake, will update this post with a new title page

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. p.s., your title page has it Abdadon.
    and there's some weird repetition in the copyright notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what if the text was paired with a color from each image? I do like your black and white book though. Maybe keep the images black and white but refer to the original ones for a color palette to make your text?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this idea, just giving the book a little bit of color. Thanks Claire! :)

      Delete
  4. Black and white looks good. Back cover needs more contrast.

    ReplyDelete