Saturday, March 14, 2020

Personal and Intimate

My new poems are emotional and personal and different from my others because it's more about things that I shy away from. I'm trying this new thing and allowing myself to be open, I think this new myth makes me more connected to my poems.


I Am A Eggshell

If you touch me
I might just break.

I'm stuck
Between dream and reality.

I am consumed with rage
Of toxic relationships at home.

If only I can escape this cage
And be free and safe.

I am suffocating,
Surviving this journey of life.

Overcoming bias consumption and
Conspiracy who I may be.

Fighting against violence
All odds against me.


My Idol


Single mother,
A black goddess,
Who works 3 jobs.

Rich melanin brown skin
Complement everything
She wears.

My Idol knows little English
English is her second language,
She immigrated to America.

Eager to learn and become a citizen,
Disadvantages never stopped her growth.

Her accent and traditional morals
Is what makes her extraordinary.

She laughs with grace to those
who may not understand her.

My Idol never went to school,
Writing and reading is strange
And new.

Willingness and fearlessness
Show great attitude.

My idol is my Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment