Monday, January 27, 2020

Prints (that I messed up on) and an experiment

Unfortunately I messed up some prints I was working on to continue along with my book of periods. I used sharpie to outline what I was going to carve and it ended up printing through the ink :( I still wanted to show them because it's a new size from what I was doing previously (paper is about 11x17). Scale and attention to borders was something brought to my attention at the end of semester review.

The third picture is the one where the sharpie leaked through. It's supposed to be a peachy skin tone.



Size of the new blocks for reference:

I also had an idea that I wanted to try...

I used tulle to embroider a hand gesture onto the fabric. My idea was that since the tulle is able to be seen through, I could place one of my prints beneath it. The gesture I chose is relating to masturbation and how others pleasure themselves. It was interesting to me that the two middle fingers that are bent in seem to 'disappear' within the print.

No comments:

Post a Comment